OPA provides a broad range of public art consulting and planning services for clients in the public and private sectors.
Artists have a vital role in the public realm. Their work offers opportunities to enhance physical and social connectivity, beauty, and meaning. Through our Client Projects, we build capacity for this work and expand opportunities for artists in the region.
Our past and current clients include:
- Allegheny County Parks Foundation
- Bike Pittsburgh
- Bridgeway Capital
- Buchart Horn, Inc.
- City of Pittsburgh
- The Community Builders
- The Heinz Endowments
- LaQuatra Bonci Associates
- Neighborhood Allies
- Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
- Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership
- Pittsburgh International Airport
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
- Sports and Exhibition Authority
- The Westmoreland Museum of American Art
We offer the following services free of charge:
- Brainstorming, including: meeting with individuals, organizations, and committees to discuss public art projects and process; evaluating opportunities for public art in a project; discussing different types of public art projects and approaches.
- Benchmarking, including: developing presentations of examples of projects, policies, or programs; and discussing best practices for public art management.
- Participation, including: serving on committees for public art or civic design projects and issues.
We also offer in-depth consulting on a fee for service basis.
In each case, the project scope and corresponding fee is developed based on the client’s needs, goals, and intended outcomes. Fee for service work includes:
- Planning and Policy Development, including: policies for public art programs; public art guidelines and procedures; and public art strategies for development sites or facilities.
- Resource Development, including tools such as Add Value, Add Art, a resource for developers about public art commissioned by the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh. Add Value, Add Art illustrates project types, outlines best practices, and gives information about additional resources.
- Artist Selection, including: developing requests for qualifications or requests for proposals for artists; and facilitating the artist selection process.
- Project Management, including: managing the conceptual design process; facilitating fabrication estimates; assisting with permitting; and managing final design and project implementation.
For more information or to inquire about a potential project, please contact Sallyann Kluz, Director, at email@example.com.